Today we will make sure everyone has downloaded and made adjustments to their Family Monthly Budget sheets. If you have not started the budget, here is the link to download it:
Personal Checkbook Sheet Download:
You will need to delete the CHECKBOOK sheet from your downloaded copy of the Budget. I will show you how. You need to add a Personal Checkbook Ledger Sheet (I will also show you how) to the sheet.
Today you will work out your Moving Plan and fill out your Checkbook.
YOU WILL CREATE A PURCHASE LIST ON YOUR 'DATA SHEET' PAGE. Include all items purchased, where you bought them, and how much they were. This includes travel expenses, airfare, insurance, household goods, furniture, and anything else you need to buy.
Your opening balance in your checkbook should be $134.50. Your Parents, Uncle, Grandma, etc. is giving you a one-time grant for $2500 to help you get started. It is your graduation present. You need to complete the budget sheet (handout in class) and let me know all the things you are buying to get yourself started. Follow these directions:
- First, you need to list where you went to college.
- Second, you need to list the address and city you are moving too.
- Explain how you are getting to your new city and what you are taking with you
- You must find a flight, train, bus, etc. (Travelocity.com, Greyhound.com, etc.) copy and paste your itinerary.
- What are you taking with you? List any items you are taking with you. EVERYTHING. And have a plan to move it. You are only allowed to have so much on a plane or bus.
- If you buy a car you need a quote for insurance (Geico.com) and budget for gas and maintenance.
- Transportation: Bike, Car(Insurance, Gas, Maintenance Apply), Transpass (Local Bus/Train)
- Furniture: Bed, Couch, Table & Chairs, Lamps, Desk, TV, Stereo, Computer, etc.
- Household Goods: Dishes, Pots&Pans, Silverware, Towels, Sheets&Blankets, Pillows, Plants, etc.
I hope you are having fun with this assignment and learning how to keep a budget while you are discovering how much things really cost.
Keep up the good work!!
- Mr. S