ASSIGNMENT: CREATE, ADJUST, ASSEMBLE and SHARE a Photo Collage as listed below using pictures (Must Conform To Collegium Charter School Standard Use Guidelines) and use PIXLR.Com to change them and make them your own. Follow the directions below:
Mr. Scribner's Example Photo Collage
You must create a Photo Collage using 4 pictures of your choice. You need one picture for each of the following 4 themes: FOOD, SPORTS, MUSIC, and PERSONAL GROWTH. Each picture must be chosen from Google Images and manipulated with PIXLR.COM in some way. DO NOT JUST ADD PICTURES WITHOUT ADJUSTING THEM. You must label your pictures in some way, and the words "Collage by (your name)" must be on one of the pictures somewhere.
FOOD - Choose a food you like to eat or make.
SPORTS - Pick a sports team or player to highlight.
MUSIC - Share your favorite song, singer, or type of music.
PERSONAL GROWTH - Pick an organization or group that you believe strongly in.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Choose 4 Pictures from Google Images
2. Save 4 Pictures to Desktop
3. Open PIXLR.COM
4. Load each Picture into PIXLR.COM Application from Desktop
5. MAKE CHANGES TO EACH PICTURE
a. You must add some text, a background, and change the color or another feature for credit.
6. Save Formatted Picture to Desktop...Repeat Until All 4 Pictures Have Been Edited
7. Open PIXLR.COM and Select PIXLR EXPRESS
8. Choose the COLLAGE Option from the Main Menu Screen
9. Add each of your 4 Pictures to the Collage (Any 4 Picture Layout Is OK)
10. Make any final changes or additions.
11. SAVE your Collage to your DESKTOP
12. OPEN Google Drive and UPLOAD your Photo Collage. SHARE it with Mr. S at firstname.lastname@example.org for credit.
13. You must also use the following DROPBOX link to UPLOAD your FINAL PROJECT for Credit. (See Class Assignment Site)
If you are finished early, go to Typing.Com and work on your typing practice. I hope you enjoy this project as we start to think about future projects for this school year.
Students will experiment with different size photographs. Students will choose photographs based on personal interest and that meet the criteria outlined in each of the themes listed above. Students will then learn to upload, manipulate, adjust, save and share digital images with an online application.