Today you will be learning the basics about using your Google Drive and other online and computer-based tools. Read the passage below as an introduction to these tools, and be prepared to follow along in class while we Log-In, Create, Share, and Collaborate on different projects!
This Google Account (Gmail and Google Docs) is your Personal-Professional account. It is only to be used for school, and will stay with you for as long as you are a student here at Collegium Charter School. Please follow the directions below to complete your work today.
To create a NEW document in your Google Drive, you must sign in to your Google account as follows:
Go to Google.Com and click the SIGN IN button in the upper right corner.
Students simply log in using their @ccs.us Gmail address and password, which for students is their email@example.com. You should have created a password when you signed on to the network.
In the upper right corner of your screen you should see a small grid of little boxes ("the waffle"). This is your link to other Google Applications. Please choose the button for your Google Drive. You can now select the NEW button (Blue Button Upper Left Side of the Screen). This will allow you to create Documents, Spreadsheets, Presentations, and upload files. We will discuss each today.
STEPS BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS:
1. CREATE DOCUMENT IN GOOGLE DRIVE
2. RENAME DOCUMENT: AUTOBIOGRAPHY (LAST NAME) P(?) S2
3. SHARE DOCUMENT WITH Mr. S (firstname.lastname@example.org)
4. Set FONT to Times New Roman
5. Set FONT SIZE to 12
6. Set LINE SPACE to DOUBLE SPACE
7. Type MLA SHORT FORMAT HEADING (See Example Below):
8. Copy The Questions Below Onto Document
9. Answer Each Question With A 4-5 Sentence Paragraph
10. Remove Questions (Delete) and leave a space between paragraphs
11. Add enough material to make sure you have typed a FULL TWO PAGES for credit.
12. Notify Mr. Scribner you are finished by sending an EMAIL.
13. After Review, Make Any Requested Changes or Adjustments For Final Credit.
Questions To Get You Started (Copy and Paste Into Document To Help You):
1. Name, Birth Date, Family, Where You Were Born
2. What I Like Doing At Home, School, In My Community And Schools I Have Attended?
3. People and Things That Are Precious To Me And Why?
4. What Do I Want To Be When I Get Older?
5. How Do Others See Me? What Contributions Do I Make To My Family/Community?
6. What Are My Other Ambitions/Goals/Desires In Life?
7. Anything Else I Want People To Know....
(Reference Page 3 If Necessary - Properly Formatted) Example from https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/747/12/
Students will learn to use Google Drive Documents by CREATING a TWO-PAGE Autobiography. Students spend the next two class periods completing the assignment. They must SHARE it with Instructor for Credit.