Today we will continue looking at GarageBand! I will show you how to open the application and navigate around for the first few minutes of the class. You will then have the remainder of class to create a new song for yourself. You will be using part of this song for your IMovie Project on Monday. Make sure you figure out how to start a project, work with loops, save a project, and export it to your desktop. You will also need to post a link to your finished song on your weebly website for credit. Refer to any of the videos and help items in yesterday's post!
Now that you have a basic idea how to navigate around the GarageBand application, please create a music track at least 25 seconds long for use in an IMovie project coming up. You need to use at least three different loops to create the song. I would suggest Percussion, Bass, and any other loop of your choice. It can be slow or fast and have any theme you like. Try to create it to reflect your personality or have a mood of some kind. It can be scary, funny, happy, sad, melodramatic, suspenseful, or just plain. When you are finished creating the music track you must SHARE it by EXPORTing it to DISK. Place it on your desktop as an MP3 file. Now you are ready to open your GDrive and UPLOAD the file online. Once you have finished the UPLOAD, please SHARE the MP3 file with me by hitting the SHARE button and entering my email address. You should also COPY the web address (Top Of The Share Box) and change the Permission for this file to ANYONE WITH LINK. You can now put a link to this file on your Weebly.com Website by adding a word or picture and applying a link. I will show everyone how to do this in class.
Follow these steps in class to complete this assignment:
- Open GarageBand
- Click NEW PROJECT
- Open LOOPS Project
- Create Music with at least 3 loops (minimum)
- Save Project to Desktop (Create a File on desktop for your stuff)
- Click SHARE above project and select EXPORT TO DISK
- EXPORT an MP3 Version of your music to Desktop
- Open Web Browser (Firefox)
- Sign In To GDRIVE
- Click the RED UP ARROW next to the CREATE button
- Upload your MP3 to your GDrive
- Click the new file listed in your GDrive
- Click the SHARE button.
- Change WHO HAS ACCESS to Anyone With Link
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org to SHARE email list on bottom.
- COPY link for file at top of SHARE box.
- Open new Tab in Browser
- Open Weebly.com Website and Sign In
- Open your Weebly.com Website in Edit Mode
- On your HOME Page drag a New TITLE Box into the Home Page
- Type Garageband MP3 then drag the cursor over the words to highlight it.
- Look for the LINK symbol in the Toolbar.
- Click it and PASTE your weblink (From SHARE Page) into the box.
- Check the box for open in New Window
- Hit OK
- Mr. S