Sumdog is a highly engaging games-based learning service to help students practice their numeracy and literacy. Designed to supplement teaching, it motivates students by adapting to each child's level. Sumdog works both on internet browsers and apps on iOS, Android and Kindle. Sumdog has been developed with the help of teachers and educational experts around the world.
Student Log-In Information for CCS-515:
Username: Student ID# (Lunch Pin)
School Code: collegiumcs
Our research methodologies include:
- Working with experienced educationalists to develop Sumdog's pedagogy
- Regular focus groups among teachers, students, and parents, to refine existing features and develop new ones
- Ongoing user research questionnaires, conducted both by telephone and online
- Curriculum alignment with detailed consultation from independent experts
- Data analysis to refine educational algorithms and site user experience.
To do this, Sumdog needs to get to know the students' strengths and weaknesses. This is done with our diagnostic test which runs automatically the first time students play Sumdog.
During the test, the games run as normal. Students may get asked tricky questions, as we check what level they've reached. Please ask them not to worry. They should simply guess answers: the learning engine will understand what's happening, and place them in the correct level.
Once the diagnostic test is complete, we'll reward students with their first pet.
Featuring over 50,000 questions spanning Grades 1 - 8 in 6 different curricula, players will get to watch their very own wizard grow stronger, learn new spells and acquire new equipment while facing ever more powerful opponents, all by answering math questions!
What does all that mean? Let us break it down for you: (Click Here For Information)
Every student can use Khan Academy as an online tutor at home. You can pick just about any Subject and Level and view video lessons, answer practice questions, or ask a coach a question. There are tutorials for all of your subjects on this fantastic resource! Make sure you check out all the classes you can complete and help yourself with!
Khan Academy Class Tutor Code (Mr. S): CHVJTZ
Freerice has two goals:
- Provide education to everyone for free.
- Help end world hunger by providing rice to hungry people for free.